When it comes to hand hygiene it is a global issue that is not focused on just one industry. Hand hygiene compliance is important for healthcare, food services, and more. Hospital-based studies have shown that noncompliance with hand hygiene practices is directly linked with health care-associated infections and has been a major contributor to outbreaks. Healthcare associated infections affecting millions every year have outlined hospitals' dire needs for robust and innovative automated systems to capture personnel compliance or breach of institution's hand hygiene protocols. The Deb Group estimates that 39 percent of food service employees neglect to wash their hands after using the restroom, and 53 percent don't perform proper hand hygiene prior to preparing food.
- AiRISTA badges identify personnel in proximity of an examination room sink or hand washing stations.
- A subsequent verification of the usage of the soap dispenser within allotted time would confirm the "compliant status" for the same staff.
- Compliance tracking readers relay this time-critical hand hygiene data to AiRISTA servers for evaluation, processing, historical recording and compliance reporting.
- Simplifies meeting internal and regulatory compliance reporting requirements
- Enhances patient, customer, and staff safety and offers a better quality of care
- Notifies compliance administrators in real-time of non-compliance incidents
- Alerts caregivers, staff, and managers to their non-compliant status and provides opportunity for corrective action prior to providing care and prepping food
- May be used to trace and report potential sources of infection transfers
- Simplifies enforcement of hand hygiene policies to better cope with liabilities
Hand Hygiene Compliance in Additional Industries
The food services industry requires that both their kitchen and serving staff maintain proper hand hygiene. The FDA helps to ensure that food services employees clean their hands in an approved hand washing station immediately before engaging in food preparation. AiRISTA's hand hygiene solutions help to guarantee the effective meeting of FDA regulations, required by law.